Saturday, May 21, 2011

for Luca


writing about Lars von Trier reminded me of my dear friend Luca. not because Luca scares me or leaves me feeling dirty or empty after an evening with him, or because he's creepy, or Danish, or a psycho, or says that he is sympathetic to Hitler. Luca's none of that. but what he IS (aside from being TALL) is another major cinephile who has probably seen just as many movies as i have - and not just the mainstream, but the really good, f-cked-up ones that few people have even heard about let alone have seen.

so, when i'm with Luca, we talk movies. a lot. and the fact that we can both reference really obscure and f-cked films and both nod or laugh in agreement, well, i think that's pretty special.

anyway, back to my Lars and Luca connection. i thought of Luca because when i think of Antichrist (2009), i automatically think back to watching The Human Centipede (2009) - a film Luca suggested i needed to watch. 

um, have you seen The Human Centipede? it's pretty f-cking gross. no, not just gross, but SICK. very sick. like, nauseatingly sick. it's not a turn-on inducing movie. probably not great for a dinner + date movie.

but,

um, 




i kind of like it.



oh, god. Luca, am i even allowed to like it???!!! i kinda feel like i shouldn't. like, no one (normal) should LIKE this movie, right? but i do (oh god, i actually bought it on dvd). i like it, and i wanted it on dvd to one day never watch again, and i don't know why...

no, wait - that's a lie. i do know why.

it's that creepy German who plays Dr. Heiter in the film.

actor Dieter Laser is SO. GOOD in this movie. SEE? again! these actors playing creepy Germans in movies - they deliver! anyway, he's really perfect in this. SO creepy, SO scary, SO believable, and SO well cast. 

so, maybe i should be thanking my friend Luca? because while i think i wanted to vomit while watching this, apparently there's something sick inside of me that enjoyed it. so, my dear, dear friend...

this is for you.


OMG, i'm SO excited to see this... i can't imagine what the f-ck could be sicker than The Human Centipede. Luca, we are SO seeing this together. ooh, and shall we go for sushi before?!

and for those of you who haven't seen the film, here's a trailer for The Human Centipede... enjoy! (????)

p.s. i think one would wanna be in the front, non?


4 comments:

  1. Ya know...the trailer alone for "The Human Centipede" haunted me for months...months! Nay, your description of the movie haunted me first, then when you forced me to see the trailer...it was the nail on the coffin. HOWEVER, you make creepy German actors sound so appealing, then tease with a clip of centipede part 2...that I dare say that I might subject myself to watching it. Why is it that the grotesque is so facinating?

    ReplyDelete
  2. atta girl!

    *creepy cult voice* join us... JOIN US!

    movie nite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude. The Human Centipede. The most disgusting thing ever!! I can't believe I watched the trailer again x-)
    Love you

    ReplyDelete
  4. I watched this over at my Cousin's house, I knew it was going to be gross.... it's basically what I expected, I liked it :)

    ReplyDelete